Friday, July 17, 2009

Old pictures of Hawaii and Alaska

At our friends' request here are some pictures from my trip to Hawaii. Keith's mom and Robert invited me to the Big Island where their friends live. I was 6 months pregnant with Sofia and I had a lot of heartburn, but still enjoyed the good food.





Pam's friend Caroline, me and Sofia:)


Here we were in Kona, we took a tour of factories and see how they choose each bean, wash it, dry it, and then put it in away.


Drying the bags from wet beans




This was a piece of Heaven, a little church and a graveyard, but there were the most beautiful flowers.




Far in the back is James Cook' statue- he was the first one to land the Hawaiian island from Europe ( Kauai was actually the first island he landed on)


Another black sand beach- Here Robert tried to convince me to snorkel, but I was a little scared so I just stayed close to the beach and still see turtles and fish.



Me and Brad- Caroline's husband




I was standing actually on the newest land on Earth- pretty cool ...and scary too.


A big portion of the Big Island is covered by lava and at present is still continuing to flow


This one on the way to the rain forests- north-east of Hawaii


The beauty of the Big Island is that there are not so many tourists everywhere like on the other islands. It felt like nobody saw this place before me.


Another remote beach. Hawaii' is the island that has all the kind of beach sand's color. I think the coolest was the green sand ( due to lava)




A banana tree



Can you see the spider?


Check out the colors of these trees




A bread plant




If you like tropical plants here are some pictures. I planned to make a collage, but never happened.










Forests destroyed by lava


Pam and I went to a orchid's nursery. I've never seen so many kinds before






















And here are the pictures from our last trip to Alaska. Mt. Denali from the plane



Here is my little Sofie at 6 months old . First time in a plane for her



At the fair

On the way to Steward

With Aunt Chelsea



We took a trip on the boat out in the ocean. The little white dots are sea otters

It was drizzling but still had fun with smores

Me and Robert- Keith's step father


On the boat


That was her face when she saw something 'cool'- I guess it was the water everywhere around her

At Steward - the day after Keith went ocean fishing with Robert

Bye-bye daddy!










And here's some fish-can't remember what this one's called

But the one on the right is haibut for sure :)- I can recognize it by now:)


Chelsea and Keith ready for salmon fishing

Chelsea on the Russian River

Can you see the bear? It's behind my fishing pole. They were everywhere.

Chelsea and me catching a red. Now don't get me wrong, I am not that good of a fisherman, it was the season with a lot of fish so everybody would be able to catch one:) They stay pretty much there waiting for you to catch them. Best time to teach somebody how to fish. On the next trip Keith promised he would give me some proffesional lessons:) so maybe I can catch a really nice one

No comments:

Post a Comment