Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Last week

Last week we went to the Zoo again and this time we decided to visit  a part that we never choose to go. It's called the Grassmere Historic Home and Farm. It was so cool, it perfectly reminded me of my grandparents farm back in Romania. The next time I'll take more pictures of the vegetables and flowers garden. 

I like this charming barn a lot.








Then we came home and we made 'scovergi'. It's fried bread dough. You can cover it in powdered sugar, spread it with Nutella, jam, fill it with cottage cheese or even use it as bread for sandwiches. I ate it here in the States too, at the annual fair in Anchorage- that one made by Native Alaskans.
We ate ours just plain and the left overs with plum jam.


Daddy had the 'brilliant' idea to give Sofie a pedicure. ..I have a couple of more pictures with that.....
One more picture of Sofie making scovergi. Mamaia would be proud of her. 






No comments:

Post a Comment