First of all, thank you so much for all the wishes on Facebook, for all the texts and emails!
I have another 4 friends of mine that are pregnant, so talking a little bit more about it won't make me feel too bad.
We had another snow storm here that blocked everything for a couple of days. I 've been in the house for the past 3 days since Keith had to drive my car, so I'm ready for a drive. Today I took Sofia outside in the snow. It was a gorgeous day, about 17 F, I usually complain for that much cold, but the sun made it feel so good..
I am done with Sofia's room (yay), and ready ( already) to move to my Bebelus' room. I am not in the 100% nesting mood, at least phisicaly, but mentally I'm always thinking about what to clean, what to move, redecorate, paint or sew. I'm sure I will get to the actually DO IT mood.
Since I got pregnant, I learned how to crochet and I'm thinking to go back to my old habit- painting. I'll see if time will allow it. When I left Romania I took with me my collection of icons ( somewhere in a box now), all in watercolor. Hopefully I'll remember to take some pictures and show it to you. I should have about 20. Why icons? I used to LOVE going to church, and maybe that was my way of getting close to God.
On a different note, as much as I said and still say 'I'm pregnant so I'm excused to eat bad '- I'm biting my lips all the time when I think back. I know I had the terrible 3 months of not being able to hold anything down, but now it's different. I can't have that excuse. I've taken the conscious decision to eat healthy (or at least to try) throughout the pregnancy too. I don't believe in diets and never did. So, after the baby will be born it will just be easier on my body if I keep it healthy now. I've been cooking a lot of soups ( never missing from the fridge in the last 3 weeks), bought lots of yogurts, whole grains and stock up the pantry with dry nuts, and some yummy teas. Back home, until I started to drink coffee in college, I would have tea every morning. I didn't grow up a lot with cereal in the morning, besides my mom homemade cream of wheat. Tea was accompanied by french toast or bread, butter and jam. My favorite was chamomile and lime tea. Since I can't drink coffee ( still makes me sick) tea helps me go through the day.
Now don't get me wrong if I walk in front of Burger King or Coldstone- I might stop for a bite; ) That's why I said I don't believe in diets- you can't live eating only grilled meats and brown rice. You can still have a healthy life style and make exceptions.
Well, time for dinner now! Have a good weekend and I'll post some pictures soon.
P.S. Bebelus just moved : ))
No comments:
Post a Comment