La multi ani, mamaie si matusici drage!!
Iți sărut măna , mamă buna!
Te port in suflet ca pe o zana.
Chipul tau dulce-l port in gand,
Mareu duios si mereu bland.
Ma leganai si m-alintai
Si somenul mereu mi-l vegheai
Si orice gand al tau era
Doar pentru tine , mama mea.
Tu-mi alini orice suferinta
Esti cea mi iubitoare fiinta!
Iti multumesc, mamica , mult
Ca m-ai crescut!
Iti multumesc ca ma iubesti,
Ca stii mereu sa imi zambesti
Tu ma ajuti sa trec prin viata
Mareu zambind si cu speranta!
Mamico, azi de ziua ta,
Eu "La mUlti Ani" iti voi ura
Sa ai o viata minunata
De Domnul binecuvantata!
In Romania we celebrate Mother's day on the 8th of March. Little boys bring blue-bells and snow -drops flowers to schools for their teachers, classmates and flowers and a little gift for their moms. Not only little boys, but everybody buy something for their mom. On the evening of the 8th, we make pasta shaped in little tiny 8's and we call them mucenici (translated martyrs), because of All Saints Day. We make about 300-400 little 8s , leave them over night covered in flour so they can get hard and the next morning we boil them in water . When they're done to that water we add lemon juice, sugar, cinnamon and lots of crushed walnuts. I didn't make them because I don't have the shape to cut them, but I think I will improve somehow : )
Happy Mother's day to my Mom, my Mom in law, my sisters and all of my friends!
The poem is from a book that my mom gave Sofia when she was born. I used to know it by heart a while ago : )
No comments:
Post a Comment