Between all of Sofie's favorite cartoon carachters , you may wonder how come we chose Baby Einstein (a little too old for her?!). Well, about three weeks ago she found the old BE CDs, and she became infatuateed with them. She wants to watch them everyday now. SO, from Dora or Diego we moved back to Baby Einstein. So be it! Nothing is ever too old for a kid!
Since we all know that sometimes a birthday party is a good reason for parents (especially parents of little ones') to meet with their friends, we decided to have a little party exclusively for Sofia and her closest friends . SO, many of our very good and close friends were not invited for this good reason. BUT, we will have a party soon exclusively for adults ;)
When Sofia was born, my friend Denae came to visit us and she made a tangerine cake that I realy liked. And then, I thought, wait a minute tangerine is Sofia's favorite fruit. So that was her brithday cake: a fat free tangerine cake. Tangerines were added to the batter and instead of oil and eggs I added apple sauce (Denae, I made a little change-I didn't have simple apple sauce so I put mango peach apple sauce and it worked out perfect). And if I could stay away from too much sugar, I will. The cream and topping was lite cool wip mixed with fat free vanilla pudding and crushed pinneaple. Thanks Denae again! For the puppets, and flowers I used fondant.
And since this cake suited Sofia so good and this day was all about her, I chose her favorite foods and put it on the table: breadcrumbs chicken sticks, 'piccolini' pasta, carrots, gold fish and grapes. I hope parents enjoyed it too:)
Keith had a little puppets show for the kids and I think everybody enjoyed it. They had fun jumping in the trampoline and giving each others kisses and hugs. As far as she blowing the candle, her little friend Morgan was faster and blew the candle for her. That's OK, she won't remember that!
Here's the cake!
Caprese pasta for my little Sofie. The piccolini pasta didn't have the chance for a close up picture:)
Haley and Josh with little Maggie
Hugging Claire, Michelle and Cole
Thanks everybody for coming and also thanks for the gifts! Sofie had a good time with her little friends! Also thanks grandparents and aunts for the gifts as well, and thanks Chelsea for the surprise!! (Auntie Chelsea works in a Montesori school in Alaska and she recorded all her kids singing Happy Birthday Sofie"- they sounded soo cute, they are about the same age. I think I enjoyed it more than her) And thanks 'tataie' for singing La Multi Ani for Sofia on Skype!


No comments:
Post a Comment