As you might have noticed I started to write in my native language as well. I thought it might be easier for my family and my friends to read it and also maybe and hopefully one day Sofia will be smart enough to read Romanian too. She might not even like it, but who knows, we shall see, at least I know I tried:)
In the previous blog I was talking about the fall traditions here in the U.S.- the pumpkin decorations, Halloween and Thanksgiving day. In Romania we do have Halloween -not as big as here and I remember my mother baking pumpkin pies every week from October till February. It is more like an apple strudel but with pumpkin in it instead of apples. Very good!!!!!!
The picture with the little pumpkins and the 3 walnuts reminded me that in Romania walnuts are more a winter decoration. Actually little kids will receive them when they go singing songs on Christmas' Eve. But about that I will write more when it comes closer to Christmas.
Last weekend I went to Erin's house and we made the little ghosts with names on it.

No comments:
Post a Comment