Friday, January 8, 2010

Pandoro

There is no New Year celebrating without Panetone or Pandoro. They are both Italian sweet breads, a Christmas time staple, but people would keep eating them untill the 6th of January when is "La Befana" another story here, maybe later :)
Panetone is stuffed with candied fruit and nuts and is heavier than Pandoro. The reason I always buy Pandoro is because Keith does not like candid fruit, but if you ring at my door with a panetone in your hands I'll let you in;) They are both good, but hard to be found. They used to have it at the Comissary (well the good ones), but I found this one at TJMaxx and I was really impressed (not with the price- 4 times more than in Italy) -Well you have to pay for the good treats in life.

This one is Pandoro- a sweet yeast bread covered in powdered sugar. Best in the morning with caffe -latte, but also with a glass of wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment