Saturday, January 22, 2011

Builder or Gardener...

I am almost done with Paulo Coelho's collection. I am at the last bookWhich Brida, and I really liked this paragraph:

"Traditions say that, in life, each person take one of the two attitudes: to build or to plant. The builders might take years over their tasks, but one day, they finish what they're doing. Then they find they're hemmed in by their own walls. Life loses its meaning when the building stops.
Then there are those who plant. They endure storms and all the many vicissitudes of the season, and they rarely rest. But, unlike a building, a garden never stops growing. And while it requires  the gardeners' constant attention, it also allows life for the gardener to be a great adventure.
Gardeners alwasy recognize one another, because they know that in the history of each plant lies the growth of the whole World."

Which one of the two are you??

No comments:

Post a Comment