Thursday, January 13, 2011

... somehow you just know you took the right decision

Today I had to take a hard decision. You know how 4 years ago Apollo chewed a pair of panties and he had to have a surgery. Well, it happened again- a sock this time.  The only difference was that Keith was not here, and 4 years ago we decided  that was his only chance- never surgery again if he chews on things. It just sticks when you are by yourself in situations like these where you have to consider a million things. I know he is just an animal , but he has been a companion for the last 4-5 years.  I've always believed that you cannot buy happiness with money, but today I proved my self wrong. You can! You either pay for the surgery and save the puppy and be happy or you don't pay and you let him die, and when you have that option it's easier , right? Still, when we're talking about an arm and a leg it gets a little harder, but then you think- how many times in your life you took a bad decision about money, you invested in something bad, or waisted money on useful things, got screwed by the government or simply lost your wallet etc..
Every day all of us take bad decisions, if it's either you didn't brush your teeth 3 times a day, you didn't choose the healthy snack, didn't call your parents or forgot to tell God 'thank you"... Today, I know I took the right decision. After the surgery I talked to Keith and this is what he told me: " I am happy"- he didn't say " thank God he is OK", " I'm glad the surgery went well'- he simply said " I am happy" and to me that is priceless ( what does money have to do with that, right?!).
 I know, the voice of those of you economists out there, can talk to me about the 'opportunity cost' as much as you want, I know exactly what I could have done with that money instead, but sometimes life is tricky.... and somehow you just  know you took the right decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment